Talent Development Manager, Stores
Opsummering af rollen
Talent Development Manager for NE, Stores
You will be responsible for maintaining, further developing and executing the Student Courses and Development Program for newly graduated optometrists in Northern Europe. The goal is to support our in-country recruitment teams in achieving their recruitment goals.
In this role you will be required to operate at both a strategic and practical level in the further development of the overall program, specific tools and materials, as well as building strong relationships with various internal and external key stakeholders to make the program a success.
Specsavers offers you
This is a challenging position with excellent career development opportunities which is underlined by the fact that our existing manager is moving on to become our Employer Brand Manager. You will have significant influence on how we further develop our Development Program for newly graduated optometrists in Northern Europe (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and the Netherlands).
We offer you a competitive salary, bonus, pension, healthcare package and other benefits.
You are guaranteed sparring with competent colleagues as well as good opportunities for furthering your career, as Specsavers continues to grow.
As Talent Development Manager you’re responsible for developing the toolbox that can be used by the recruitment teams in country to ensure that the highest numbers of students take our Student Courses, take their internships in one of our stores and, after graduating from school, starts their professional journey on our Development Program.
You will report into our Head of Candidate Attraction for Northern Europe and have two direct reports.
- Being main point of contact at the schools in terms of evaluating and developing the courses plus identifying other areas of support
- Responsible for the strategy for all courses in cooperation with Professional Learning & Development
- Responsible for creating the promotional events at the schools for the local recruitment teams
- Identify the need and develop the material for the local recruitment teams to keep promoting the Development Program at the schools and in our stores
- Identify the need and develop the material for the local recruitment teams to keep promoting the Student Courses at the schools
- Support local recruitment team with specific campaigns to support hard to fill locations
- Ensure that our branding activities at the schools have a red thread and we position us in the best possible way
- Support the internship recruitments in country.
A couple of projects in the pipeline for you will be to further develop a Development Program for our Dutch newly graduates. You will also over time start to investigate and develop, in cooperation with Head of Candidate Attraction and our Learning & Development, an early career initiative that can be deployed in country for store partners to use at local schools.
To be successful in the role we expect
You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working within recruitment or in a graduate recruitment talent development program within a B2C or customer facing environment covering the Nordics or at least 2 of the Nordic countries. Today you could be in an organisation with 75-125 graduate hires per year. Alternatively, you could be working as second in command or manage a smaller graduate programme (25-50 hires per year) and see this as a step up.
- Some experience of working within a retail franchise or partnership environment would be advantageous
- Min. 1-2 years of leader experience
- Self-motivated and able to create strong trust based relationships which motivate others
- Advanced relationship management, problem-solving, influencing and communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure within demanding timelines
- Strong people skills and the ability to operate within a matrix environment
- You speak and write minimum 2 of the 5 Northern European languages (Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish) and have excellent communication skills in English
Place of work: You will work out of our Northern European Support Office in Hvidovre, Denmark and travel across Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden).
Travel days: The position involves up to 30-40 travel days per year
Are you up for the challenge?
Send your application in English online using the link on this page. Last day to apply is 25th January 2018. We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact our Head of Candidate Attraction, Kenneth Renneberg: Mobile +45 30 38 39 96
Specsavers is an international Optical Retail private owned company with remarkable success in all its markets. We are proud of our success, and are still growing. We operate in 10 countries. Our people are the engine behind the success – more than 35,000 talented, driven and entrepreneurial people. In Northern Europe we have more than 450 stores.
For more information on Specsavers see www.specsavers.com or www.green-club.eu