Head of Procurement, Northern Europe
Opsummering af rollen
Head of procurement for Northern Europe
Are you passionate about delivering sustainable value for our partners, customers, and business and would you love to develop and manage procurement in a large international company? Do you want to be part of our dynamic team in the Northern Europe office where team spirit with highly competent colleagues is part of everyday life? Then you could be the one we are looking for.
Together with the Group Procurement Function and the Northern European team members and executives, you will be involved in lots of different projects and be developing and nurturing effective and balanced relationship with key stakeholders, seen as a trusted advisor.
You will be part of a Group Procurement function accountable for c. €500m spend across Specsavers regions which includes €50m for Northern Europe.
You will work collaboratively with the right suppliers to drive continuous improvement and innovation while holding a strategic insight. You are able to see the big picture, stretching beyond just buying to understand the business needs and drivers, ensuring focus on the things that will make the biggest difference. You thrive in working in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines as well as ongoing day to day work. Besides having a solid procurement experience, passion for details and being able to communicate effectively are also characteristics that you possess.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver sustainable sourcing strategies; balancing cost, service and risk
- Facilitate the deployment of procurement best practices and standards within Northern Europe
- Leveraging supply market dynamics, providing credible insights and opportunities
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the organization
- Communicate with suppliers and makes sure they meet the expected quality/service levels
- Maintain a network of professional contacts to discover new opportunities for good deals
- Track how inventory is used and adjust purchasing habits in accord with trends
To be successful in this role you are:
- As a minimum you have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 6+ years of procurement experience
- You are fluent in spoken and particularly written English.
- At least 4 years’ experience in managing a broad range of indirect goods and services
You will work in our Northern Europe office in Copenhagen (Hvidovre) but travel in the region will be required from time to time.
Specsavers offers you
Specsavers offers you a challenging position, working with highly competent colleagues as well as working for a rapidly growing business. We are looking for true talent: People who are eager for the opportunity and freedom to make their contribution. It's going to be an exciting journey - and you could be part of it!
Are you up for the challenge?
Send your application in English online using the link on this page. Last day to apply is the 19th December 2017. We look forward to receiving your application.
Specsavers is an international Optical Retail company with remarkable success in all its markets. We are proud of our success, and are still growing. We operate in 10 countries. Our people are the engine behind the success – more than 35,000 talented, driven and entrepreneurial people.
For more information on Specsavers see www.specsavers.com